Friday, March 09, 2007

Blake

I walked out upon you
And you caused me to sink
I wanted to feel you
I wanted the link

I kissed the sweet air
On my lip it was thick
An unconscious presence
Will the remembrance stick?

I looked up to heaven
Your light pierced the night
Weary from traveling
If I had your might

I reached out to touch you
But I came up too short
The sand lay before me
I was one of the sort

I’d construct a sailboat
And be where you are
The spheres could guide me
I wouldn’t be far

The wind would beat me
The waves too rough
Still I’d go the distance
Yet still not enough

I stare at you honey
And whisper my oath
It’s never been truer
I love you both

I’ve made my offer
But still no reply
I’d give up my body
For one simple cry

It cannot be fair
To steal his goodbye
I’d give up my body
For one simple cry

*It's still a work in progress, but it means a lot to me, as all poetry should. Any thoughts? Criticism?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!! I love this poem. Thanks so much for writing it. Blake is lucky to have you for an uncle.