Tuesday, March 13, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to a Close

You know those moments when you could just step back and, "There's nowhere else I'd rather be than right here experiencing this"?

I've been so fortunate to have several of these this last week. Whether it was with a group of new randomly mixed friends, a group of old friends it seems like I've fought beside, an old best friend, or just by myself, I have thanked God so many times for moments that I wish would never end. It feels so good to live in the moment again.

Myrtle Beach was fun, though it reminded me a lot of Destin. Very commercial and, well, just...beachy. A lot of fun though. Make sure to check out Broadway at the Beach if you ever go. Charleston could be my newest favorite (small) city. It is so historic, having played a major role in both the American Revolution and the Civil War. On a carriage tour we took, we even got to see where Stephen Colbert grew up, so that was an added perk. Make sure to eat at Fleet Landing if you visit. It's right on the bay and is a restaurant that was converted from a Navy outpost. We sat outside in beautiful weather, enjoyed some AMAZING seafood, and watched as dolphins jumped out of the water in front of Fort Sumpter for us. Quite the experience.

Spending some time with old friends was incredible as well. I enjoyed the lakehouse quite a bit, and especially loved hanging out with Jean Michael. JM has been with YWAM for the last 5 months, 2 of which he spent in Uganda. On Wednesday, he is leaving again for a year to be a prophet to several spanish speaking nations.
I am blown away by him and what God is doing in his life, and if you'd like to support him financially, let me know so I can hook you up with the info. He's such a great man of God. I love how even though that friend group is all at different places, we are able to come together and experience God together in powerful, holy, and fresh ways. It's great.

Break has been a time of new things for me. One of which is writing. I don't know where it came from, but for some reason writing of poetry, vinettes, and autobiographical blurbs has abounded, and I love it. I will be using this blog to post some of those little tidbits, and being such a young student of writing, I would love your comments, advice, and criticism. It would mean a lot. I've already posted one poem, and look for some more original work later this week.

Thanks for reading :o)

No comments: