Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bazan and Gibbard at City Hall

I had high expectations, and they were easily fulfilled. I had never heard of Jonathan Rice, but he's a pretty goodun. Not much of an uplifting message, but good nonetheless. With David Bazan having his own solo record and several recordings as the former frontman of Pedro the Lion and Ben Gibbard being the mastermind behind Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, and All-Time Quarterback, each had several songs in their arsenal, and I had no clue what to expect. The audience got a little bit of everything, including several covers.
I think the only thing that could have made it better was if it were at a better venue for accoustic acts. The Rhyman would have been incredible! If you didn't know any of the artists' work, it could have been a long show, but for me I couldn't get enough.

No comments: