Tuesday, July 10, 2007

On Rain and DJs

Rainy days are keen to me. Especially when spent in a local coffee shop by a window. And in this particular one, the rain on the outside is being matched on the inside by the rain of some hip-hop beat of sorts falling from above. And listening to it reminds me of the newly discovered yearning in my heart to become a DJ. Yes, I said it. Or typed it, rather. It's a bit odd for me, I know, but it's true. I've had two very fateful encounters with DJs this summer, both of which left a lasting imprint on my heart. Followed by the stunning admission by one of my best, equally un-DJ-esque, friends, who knew nothing of my hidden desire, that he, in fact, too would love to be a DJ. And so, I ponder at these quickly evaporating puddles how long I will actually entertain such silly ideas, and when I will actually grow up and become boring and stale. Because that's what you're supposed to do, right? Hah.. how bitter I can choose to be. I'm really not like that. Or at least, I hope I'm becoming a person not like that. Because that's what is important, right? Not the person you are, but the person you are becoming. And that's why I will someday be a DJ and not boring and stale.

4 comments:

Sarah Renée said...

Man, become a DJ! Don't ever let yourself grow stale...

Life was meant to be an adventure!! You can find freedom and enjoyment in your work...I really believe that. :)

Tyler said...

^ I couldn't have said it better...

Sarah Renée said...

Thanks Tyler! :)

nina.coyle said...

likin' the new header!