Tuesday, July 31, 2007

40 Day Fast: Get a (few) Goat(s)

The mastermind behind the 40 Day Fast, Kat, has another brilliant idea to wrap up the 40 Days: Get a Goat.



The idea is that everyone donate 5 minutes and 1 dollar and we come together to purchase a goat through World Vision to help a family in need. A goat can help to provide cheese, yogurt, milk, and a source of income for a family, and it only costs $75. Learn more from her post.

The response has been so great that she's already been able to purchase one, and she's over halfway to a second one. She's taking donations until 11:59 tonight.

I hope you have enjoyed the 40 Day Fast as much as I have. And not only enjoyed it, but have been heartbroken as well. And hopefully you've discovered some incredible blogs and writers out there as well. I know it has been something I feel honored to be a part of. It's exciting to see this new age of connectivity being used to make a difference.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Tim, hey - this is a random way to get in touch with you, but it took some work to find another way to contact you besides your pop account (because it's full) - my name is Kristine and I'm working with SIFE this next year at Belmont... if you are still intersted in being involved, can you shoot me an email at kristine.neeley@gmail.com so that I can get some info to you. Thanks!