Friday, February 02, 2007

It's SNOWING!!!

"It's SNOWING!!!"

The shout came from outside my hall at 1 AM. We all knew what this meant. A call to action.

I rushed outside my dorm to look out of the window on fifth floor Maddox. To my wonder I saw a beautiful sight before me:





The task was before us. We suited up (coat, hat, gloves) and ran in mass down the staircase to partake in the most sacred of adolescent games: the snowball fight.



First Task: Hit anything moving in sight, check.
Second Task: Gang up and tag the cars coming by, check.
Third Task: Hit the police car, check.
Fourth Task: All, at once, charge the police man who just got out of his police car and peg him with snowballs, check.

And finally, the war began.

In a heroic manuever, the Maddox team charged the other freshmen dorm on campus, Pembroke, and thus the great snowball fight of 2007 commenced:





The war zone is no place for photography, and my camera was doing little use. It had to be put away so I could sacrifice my blood and sweat for the good of Maddox.

"Charge!! Charge!!" "Hold the Line!!!" "Keep pushing forward!!!", and then the dreaded V-formation: "Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack!!!"

I think we all know who came on top in this battle. Remember, Remember, the 2nd of February. (not as catchy as V's line, but it works).


Just thought I'd let you in on a little bit of my college days. And thus, I am posting this at 2:30 AM. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim! Great post - it sounds like that was a BLAST! I remember those times in the dorm... Hey dude - I added your blog to my blogroll - would appreciate it if you would do the same for me. It was great bumping into you the other day at Merge - hope to catch up again at some point! Take care...