Thursday, January 11, 2007

Nineteen Candles

So today was officially the first day of my last year as a teenager. I turned 19 today, and it feels pretty good. 18 was a huge year of change for me personally, and though it was a great year, I have my sights to make 19 even better. I can't wait to see what is in store, and I'm excited to see what becomes of my attept at a more disciplined life. Thanks so much for all of you who have been a part of it and have walked me through some of the both excellent and rough stages of my life!

So here's a brief nastalgic (though more of a feeling of excitement and contentment) look at my 18:

Decided on Belmont as my college
Landed my first waiting tables job
Was used to initiate the Invisible Children movement/revolution in Franklin
Graduated as Valedictorian of Franklin High
Became fully educated on the goodness known as LOST
Traveled to New Orleans for hurricane relief
Discovered the importance of family on a trip to our relatives
Ended my 6 year tenure with Fusion at my last youth camp
Started my life new at Belmont
Made new friends that became my family
Became apart of the exciting new MERGE at my church
Ran my first race
Made my first appearance in NYC with Justin Waugh (it won't be the last)
Started Blogging
Another full year with Sarah
Entered 2nd Semester with resolve to not waste my life.

I hope I didn't miss anything. Thanks for listening :o).

No comments: