Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Calling All Lost Fans

Last week's episode was pretty remarkable on all accounts, I think everyone agrees. And even better are all the hidden tidbits that fanatics have been finding in it all week long. I won't go in depth with them, but I just wanted to highlight my favorite that has surfaced in the last week. Apparently, if you play the audio from the Clockwork Orange scene (where Karl is being hypnotized by that crazy video) backwards, it reveals a hidden message consistent with a lot of the other hidden nuggets. Listen for yourself:



Things like that are the reason that LOST is such a powerful show. Not only is it built around solid, complex, dynamic characters, not only is the whole context of the story continually evolving, not only is the mythology unbelievably believable, but the writers go the extra mile to come up with things like these to fuel the craze and to create the fanatics (like myself). Kudos to you, David Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. You make me very happy.

No comments: